COVID-19 Awareness and Prevention at City Center Market (3/23 UPDATE)
- We are unable to take payment over the phone.
- We are unable to shop for our customers.
- At this time, we will no longer be accepting returns, except for instances of quality issues.
- Due to the uncertainty of supply, we will no longer be accepting special orders at this time. Additionally, we will no longer be able to hold items for shoppers.
- If using a reusable bag from home, we encourage shoppers to bag their groceries.
- We ask that you only touch the items you intend to buy.
- Please continue to practice social distancing with other shoppers and our co-op staff. This means standing at least 6 feet away from others.
- We ask that you use hand sanitizer as much as possible. We have a sanitizing station in our entryway, as well as a bottle in our Bulk Foods and Bulk Spices department.
- If you are ill, or experiencing any symptoms of illness, please stay home.
COVID-19 Awareness and Prevention at City Center Market (3/17 UPDATE)
March 17th, 2020
As the number of cases of COVID-19 in Minnesota grow, we have decided to take additional preventative measures to help keep our customers, team members and owners healthy. We will be implementing the following measures, effective immediately.
- We will be changing our Monday-Saturday hours to 9am-8pm to allow extra time for cleaning before the store opens.
- We encourage our elderly and compromised shoppers to shop between the hours of 9am to 10am as the store will be freshly deep cleaned. We would also encourage all others to not shop during this time.
DELI & COFFEE
- Our Coffee Shop will close today (March 17) at 4pm, and remain closed until further notice.
- Our Salad Bar, Hot Bar and Soup Station will be closed, and remain closed until further notice.
- We will be offering more prepackaged salads in our deli grab and go.
- We will be transitioning some of our bulk items to prepackaged items.
- We will continue to follow a strict cleaning schedule of all frequently contacted surfaces throughout the day, including extra emphasis on bulk containers.
- We ask our shoppers to not bring in reusable containers for any bulk until further notice.
OUT OF STOCKS & SPECIAL ORDERS
- Due to increasing out of stock from our suppliers,
- We ask for your patience regarding special orders. At this time, we cannot guarantee when items will come in.
- We ask our shoppers to limit their purchases and to avoid stocking up on items so that we can be able to supply more families with the items they need.
- Please practice social distancing while shopping. We encourage you stay at least 6 feet away from other shoppers and staff.
- Our staff will continue to practice social distancing in all areas of the store.
- Our Spring Owner Drive and Owner Appreciation week is postponed at this time. We will inform shoppers as soon as a new date has been chosen.
We are grateful for everyone’s “co-op” spirit in working together to follow these procedures to help flatten the curve on this virus. As always, please stay home if you are feeling ill, or if you exhibit any symptoms of illness. We will continue to monitor this situation and may change and modify these procedures as we learn more.
We thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this time.
COVID-19 Awareness and Prevention at City Center Market
March 13th, 2020
The health and wellbeing of our customers, team members and owners is our highest priority at City Center Market. As concerns over COVID-19 grow, I wanted to share with everyone the steps which City Center Market is taking to prevent the spread of germs.
- We have temporarily discontinued all passive sampling of products.
- We are temporarily not accepting customers’ personal cups in the coffee shop.
- We have instructed all team members to stay home if they are sick. We will not be taking disciplinary action on absences related to illness.
- We placed extra emphasis on the existing sanitation practices for frequently contacted surfaces including door handles, register areas, self-serve utensils, etc.
- Though we always require our employees to wash their hands, we are increasing our emphasis on hand washing and encouraging even more frequency.
- We have ordered hand sanitizer stations to be installed throughout the store, they should arrive Monday.
- We have ordered and will install touchless paper towel dispensers for our restrooms. We expect them to arrive next week and will install immediately upon arrival.
- We will continue to monitor and follow the recommendations set forth by the Minnesota Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
We will continue to add preventative measures as circumstances warrant.
Due to the increase in demand on sanitary products, our suppliers have been out of many items. These items include hand sanitizer, some cleaning supplies, bathroom tissues, etc. We will continue to order these products and will have them on our shelves as soon as possible.
We encourage everyone to help stop the spread of germs by staying home when you are sick, and continue to wash your hands regularly.
Please feel free to reach out in person, over the phone or via email.
Thank you all so much for your continued support.