Welcome to City Center Market & Cafe!
Specials & Events:
The Farmer’s Market is in our parking lot every Saturday, all sumer long! There are bedding plants, jellys and jams and more... and it gets bigger and better as the summer goes on!
If you’re interested in being a vendor at the Farmer’s Market, you can pick up an application here at City Center Market.
We are sponsoring a women’s softball team this spring – the Nighthawks. Come out and cheer them on! The team plays on Wednesday evenings at the Cambridge-Isanti Softball Field.
Try a great new Italian Soda or Iced Tea during our Farmers' Market on Saturdays and bring another along to the Nighthawks game on Wednesday evening! Yum!
Don’t miss songwriter and folk singer Amy Speace! She performs at the North Folk Winery on the 29th. Visit the North Folk Winery to learn more!
Kid-sized smoothies, Italian sodas and steamers at a lower price!
Here are just a few – come in and try them soon!
Grilled Panini Sandwiches
• Co-op Panini: Deli-sliced oven-roasted turkey, bacon & provolone cheese with roasted pepper aioli on sourdough bread. $6.99
• Apricot & Ham Panini: Deli-sliced ham, cheddar cheese with apricot spread on multigrain bread. $6.99
• Chickpea Tomato Panini: Our soon-to-be famous chickpea tomato salad, with spinach & pepperjack cheese on focaccia squares. $5.99
Sandwiches (both of these are vegan!)
• Quinoa & Hummus on Farmer’s Wheat • Artichoke & Spinach on Sea Salt Peasant
• Watermelon Salad (with avocados and a lemon olive oil dressing) – you’ll be amazed how delicious and refreshing this combination is!
• Thai Chicken Salad (chicken breast on a bed of lettuce topped with mango salsa & our homemade Thai sesame vinaigrette)
• Tiramisu • Rhubarb Torte
We’ve scheduled our Fall Art Festival!
If you are interested in being a vendor, don't wait, contact Gayle Cupit now at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More details to come throughout the summer.
Articles from this issue: grass-fed grilling, Punk Rawk Labs cooks up vegan nut cheeses, book review -- Minnesota’s Bounty: The Farmers Market Cookbook, the new restaurant Parka, and Fruit-Based Desserts. Download current issue here or click on the image (pdf).
Mix is a bimonthly publication of Twin Cities Natural Food Co-ops, an association of 12 co-ops located in the greater Minneapolis/St. Paul area. This association is a member of National Cooperative Grocers Association.
Co+op Kitchen Cooking Series videos are now available at the CoopStrongerTogether YouTube channel. There are more than 40 different short videos intended to provide novice cooks with basic training in how to choose and use healthy and delicious ingredients found at your local co-op. Find videos on choosing grains, alternative sweeteners, pasta and more. Check it out! StrongerTogether.coop